Friday 3 October 2014

by Mario Carta


Don Quixote And Rosinante

Description:

Don Quixote and his loyal friend Rosinante, not the prettiest horse but a loyal and beloved friend of Don Quixote.





Please Click On The Picture Links Below For More Information









About Mario:

Welcome! I am Mario Carta I was born in Buenos Aires Argentina in 1960, my family and I moved to the U.S.A in 1964 and but for a brief return to Argentina in 1968-1972 have resided and lived in Miami until 2005 and currently I live on the west coast of Florida in Crystal River.

My work is in copper sculptures, all my sculptures are made by hand using minimal tools such as a ping hammer, metal cutter and torch. The colors are arrived at by heating the copper to 2000 degrees and more. I use copper and brazing rods and no other materials to create the sculptures.No chemicals finishes of any type are ever used. I only create originals. I never duplicate a sculpture.

My focus is on visually interesting objects and subjects that portray emotion, movement and a story or other thought provoking experience. My most current work is a series of anthropomorphic ants which are depicted in a variety of human behaviors,emotions and stories with the hope that the sculptures can evoke an emotional experience to the viewer. Thank you for stopping by, should you be interested in one of my originals or have any questions about my work please feel free to contact me.

See Mario's work in the blog dedicated to the Cross by clicking <> HERE <>

Thank you for stopping by! If you have any questions about my work please feel free to email me.




Crystal River, FL - United States

No comments:

Post a Comment